Legal Experience and Local Roots

Offering professional legal services to individuals and businesses since 1986.

Fighting for what’s right in the right way

On Behalf of | Jun 15, 2015 | Business Organizations |

There are a number of ways businesses with conflicting interests can resolve their disputes. In some instances, a business owner or manager will, with their business attorney, enter into negotiations that resolve differences. At other times, mediation or arbitration can prove useful to settle matters and allow the firms to get back to work. Sometimes, however, litigation is called for in order for a party to get what they believe is a full and fair measure of justice.

We recently saw a Utah business located north of St. George involved in a bitter disagreement with competitors. The contact-lens maker 1-800-Contacts, an Orem firm, isn’t being sued and it isn’t suing anyone, but is instead involved in a dispute over a Utah law that bans minimum prices for contact lenses.

Big contact lens manufacturers want the law tossed by a federal court so that they can establish minimum prices for their products. According to a news report, they say minimum prices help eye doctors make recommendations and help consumers know which products have acceptable quality. They argue that the law banning the minimum prices was created to aid Utah’s discount contact lens maker.

Proponents of the law said the measure increases competition, which benefits consumers who can see prices for desired products drop.

When our legal team has been involved in similarly hotly contested disagreements, we efficiently wage a tough fight with clear arguments based on the law and our client’s interests. We maintain a high level of professionalism at all times, which means ethical conduct, close communication with our clients and results-oriented efforts to bring about favorable agreements in a timely, cost-effective manner.

Please see our Business Litigation page for more information about how the St. George law office of Snow Jensen & Reece, P.C. can serve you.