- Business Law
- Cedar City Law Office
- Construction Law
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Family Law
- Government and Public Policy
- Kanab Law Office
- Our Team
- Practice Areas
- Public Service
- Real Estate and Land Use
- St. George Law Office
- ‘Taxmagedden’ looming as fiscal cliff nears: what you can do to be prepared
- ‘Tis the season . . . to address estate-planning needs
- “I’m here to help”
- 34th annual St. George marathon this weekend
- 4 must-have online resources for Utah landlords
- 5 reasons that you may be able to evict your St. George tenant
- 6 Types of Business Structures, Part 1
- 6 Types of Business Structures, Part 2
- 6 Types of Business Structures, Part 3
- A first step in forming the future
- A joint venture agreement is legally binding like other contracts
- A new lease on life — or a condo with a view
- Amanda Knox may have constitutional claims to bar her extradition
- Answers to common questions about child custody
- Appeals court upholds judgement on behalf of Ivins charter school
- Are hostile takeovers of business organizations a threat anymore?
- Are you among the 58 percent who’ve neglected to plan for the future?
- Avoid Costly Mistakes in the Litigation and Appellate Process
- Avoid the perils of the hiring process
- BBB: A Tarnished Business Reputation?
- Bean companies talking acquisitions and sales
- Business attorneys know the laws of business
- Business deals are flowing across Utah
- Business partnership: What does business development really mean?
- Business Regulations: Advertising
- Businesses come to play in Utah
- Cameron Morby Elected President-Elect for SUEPC
- Cameron Morby’s presentation at the Utah Banking Association 2014 AG Conference?
- Can I cancel a contract to buy a house in Utah?
- Careful estate planning now may help loved ones later
- Caution: Don’t Give an Unintended Gift
- Child Expenses in Determining Alimony
- Commercial lease particulars: multifaceted considerations
- Common real estate disputes that can end in litigation
- Comprehensive representation for corporate clients across Utah
- Concessions are an important part of your business lease
- Conservators and guardians aren’t automatically appointed in Utah
- Construction law explainer: What’s a mechanic’s lien?
- Construction law explainer: What’s a mechanic’s lien? (part two)
- Curtis Jensen Law Day
- Debt collection clarification includes limits and expansions
- Defining an Owner and General Contractor
- Developments in the economic loss rule
- DirecTV service stall-out a reminder of the importance of effective contract negotiation
- Disputes can arise between homeowners and homeowners associations
- Diving into St. George’s zoning regulations
- DIVORCE AND THE IRREVOCABLE TRUST
- Does your estate plan consider your pets?
- Don’t make these short-term rental mistakes
- Economic Instability has Legal Consequences for Your Business
- Economic Summit Held in Cedar City
- Election trouble in Washington County
- Eminent domain explained
- Employment law: the Defense Base Compensation Act
- Employment Laws and Regulations for Businesses
- Environmental Laws
- Establish residency thoughtfully
- Estate planning – beneficiaries
- Estate planning – executors
- Estate planning – funeral arrangements
- Estate planning – insurance
- Estate planning – living wills
- Estate planning – make it official
- Estate planning – the power of attorney
- Estate planning – writing a will
- Estate planning and issues related to dementia
- Estate planning part 1
- Estate planning terminology 101
- Factors to consider when choosing a guardian for your kids
- Fighting for what’s right in the right way
- Finance Law & Regulations
- Finance Law & Regulations
- For the Future: Estate and Tax Planning
- Four Kinds of Construction Contracts and Factors to Consider
- Going to the source on small business friendliness
- Great news for private property owners in Iron County, Utah!
- Half of people with children do not have a will
- Happy holidays: The co-parenting approach
- Have you considered a charitable remainder trust?
- Have you considered a charitable remainder trust? – II
- Have you considered a charitable remainder trust? – III
- Have you reviewed your company’s employment contracts recently?
- Holding a Person in Contempt for Violating a Utah Divorce Decree
- How a will can be central to an estate dispute
- How an attorney can help if your estate plan gives you trouble
- How are nonprofit corporations organized?
- How does having a retirement account impact estate planning?
- How familiar are you with powers of attorney?
- How familiar are you with powers of attorney? – II
- How familiar are you with powers of attorney? – III
- How non-competition agreements can help businesses
- How to choose a health care agent
- How to correctly dissolve your corporation in Utah
- How to file a complaint against homeowner’s association board member
- How we can help you with Utah estate planning and administration
- How well do you understand company mergers?
- How well do you understand company mergers? – II
- How Will a Judge Interpret Your Confusing Contract?
- If you are dealing with a real estate dispute, get legal help
- Implications of the NSA scandal on small business
- In Utah, what effect does a divorce have on an estate plan?
- Incorporating? Have you considered whether to choose a C or an S?
- Independent contractor agreements protect each party’s interests
- Inheritance rights: know your position
- Intellectual Property Law
- IRS investigation: big question is ‘why?’
- Is now a good time to invest in real estate?
- Is sole proprietorship right for you?
- Is St. George ‘the very best place…in the United States’?
- Is there an ‘inexpensive’ trust I can utilize?
- Issues with titles can become serious legal headaches
- It’s dangerous not to have an estate plan in place
- It’s important that your St. George business remains compliant
- It’s important to have a plan for transferring a family business
- John Florez: Juvenile court’s original intent reaffirmed
- Kicking business into gear
- Lawsuit over Oregon’s healthcare website ensnares Oracle
- Legal Briefings: Commercial landlord refuses to refund deposit
- Legal Briefings: How do I move with my children if my ex stays?
- Legal Briefings: Prior bankruptcy, still drowning in debt
- Legal Briefings: renter’s rights when landlord is foreclosed
- Lincoln: “Resolve to be Honest”
- Navigating the complexities of stepchild adoption
- Navigating the Mortgage Meltdown Mess
- NAWBO report finds economic optimism high for 2014
- New Utah Law Expands Parent-Time Schedule
- No Good Cause? No Unemployment Benefits.
- On the probate process, and why avoiding it is ideal
- Online Tax Laws for Business
- Options to pursue in dealing with encroachment
- Organization recognizes Utah’s welcoming business climate
- Part 1: Advantages, Disadvantages of Different Business Structures
- Part 2: A look at different types of business structures
- Part 2: Advantages, Disadvantages of Different Business Structures
- Part 2: St. George’s business future is ‘very bright’
- Planning For Your Most Valuable Asset
- Prescriptive Rights Presumed if Use Over Twenty Years
- Privacy Law
- Protecting the U.S. Constitution
- Publicizing Court Proceedings Can Taint the Process
- Real estate attorneys are beneficial to have around pre-purchase
- Recent Tax Court case doesn’t mean you shouldn’t set up an S corp
- Report: Washington County commercial real estate market growing
- Requesting a Zoning Variance Under Utah Law
- RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS AS SIMPLE CONTRACTS
- Rule 26 disclosures
- Salt Lake City to be a top producing real estate market in 2018
- Salt Lake Tribune: New site opens up public comment on judges
- Santa Clara Swiss Days 2010 a big success
- Save Money: Know Who Bears the Risks of a Subcontractor’s Bid
- Scholarships awarded in Annual moot court competition
- Second Amendment
- Serving legal needs of businesses and community needs of St. George
- Setting up a joint venture via either agreement or incorporation
- Shaping the future: St. George lays plans for 2040
- Should I store my estate planning documents online?
- Should you have an estate plan?
- Small Business Week 2013
- Snow Jensen & Reece celebrates 25 years of service
- Snow Jensen & Reece celebrates 25 years of service
- Some aspects of commercial leases should be closely inspected
- Southwest Utah’s low unemployment to drive wages higher?
- St. George council candidates focusing on growth
- St. George ranks as the second-best small city to open a business
- St. George’s home prices are fast outpacing residents’ salaries
- St. George’s plan for an accessible city
- St. George’s business future is ‘very bright’
- St. George’s plan for responsible growth
- Start the New Year Right with these 3 Business Tips
- Start-up owner: “it doesn’t feel like work”
- Steinbrenner shuts out Uncle Sam in final game
- Steps to successful home ownership
- Study examines use of non-compete agreements among Utah employers
- Talk to an attorney when composing your estate plan
- Tech startups are flocking to Utah to set up operations
- Ten traits to look for in a business partner
- The 29th Annual St. George Area Parade of Homes is a success
- The benefits of hiring in-house counsel to support your business
- The benefits of setting up an S versus a C corporation
- The importance of having a living will, even if you’re young
- The Iron County economic picture
- The role of surety bonds in construction projects
- The Rule of Law: America’s Highest Maxim
- The Sequester and Small Business
- The simple reason why you can’t afford to postpone estate planning
- The special needs trust: what it provides
- The time to plan for tomorrow is today
- The Utah Lis Pendens: Protected Notice or Wrongful Lien?
- These are some of the reasons to update your will
- Things to avoid when signing a commercial lease
- THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU POST; SOCIAL MEDIA AND DEFAMATION LAW
- Think your startup is too small for legal mistakes? Here are 5
- Three common types of trusts, and what they can do for you
- Tips to help you prepare your children to take over your company
- Two Utah cities rise near top of business rankings
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Thomas addresses Utah lawyers
- U.S. Supreme Court on the 2nd Amendment: an individual right to bear arms
- Understanding business formation: Corporations
- Understanding business formation: Corporations — II
- Understanding business formation: General partnerships
- Understanding business formation: General partnerships – II
- Understanding business formation: LLCs
- Understanding business formation: LLCs – II
- Understanding Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) for New or Acquired Businesses
- Understanding the benefits of publicly-held corporations
- Understanding the Complexities of Homebuying
- Understanding the FMLA
- Understanding the requirements for admission of expert testimony
- Updating a construction agreement through change orders
- Using trusts for minors in estate planning
- Utah business boot camp kicks off next week
- Utah business forecast: Good gets better
- Utah business leaders push plan to push students higher
- Utah businesses concerned about impact of new drunk driving law
- Utah businesses support campaign to get kids interested in STEM
- Utah cited as example to follow
- Utah cities land gigabit mega-deal
- Utah commercial real estate surging
- Utah consumer confidence hits all-time high
- Utah continued its growth in 2013
- Utah Court News: Holliday Exempted from Fluoridation Regulations
- Utah court news: new trial ordered for Warren Jeffs
- Utah Executive Order Affects Rents and Evictions
- Utah hailed as well-run, business-friendly state
- Utah is back at number one
- Utah launches new business website
- Utah lawmakers take aim at short-term rentals: 3 things to know
- Utah manufacturers looking for in-state suppliers
- Utah Qualified Domestic Relations Orders – Never Make These Three Mistakes
- Utah restaurant uses crowdfunding to finance interior design
- Utah Supreme Court Recognizes Implied Warranty for New Home Buyers
- Utah Supreme Court tasks advisory committee to make justice more expedient and affordable
- Utah TV stations locked in dispute with Internet TV service
- Utah’s determination to replicate success
- Utah’s home inventory is declining while sales prices are soaring
- Utah’s housing market is becoming eerily similar to California’s
- Utah’s unique path on health insurance for small businesses
- V. Lowry Snow selected to fill Utah House seat
- V. Lowry Snow Wins House Seat in District 74
- Washington County’s job growth is explosive
- We the people: celebrating Law Day
- We’re here to help St. George businesses
- What are a company’s bylaws and what should they include?
- What are some of the benefits of forming as an S corporation?
- What are some reasons why home sales often don’t go through?
- What are the benefits associated with mergers and acquisitions?
- What are the risks of investing in a vacation rental property?
- What assets can be transferred outside of probate
- What benefits does registering as an LLC offer small companies?
- What can a St. George business attorney do for you?
- What can a trust do for you and your family?
- What can estate planning do for you?
- What do I need to know before signing a contract?
- What does sustainable construction look like in Utah?
- What generally happens in the merger review process?
- What is a guardianship and what does the guardian control?
- What is a promissory note and how should it be written?
- What must I do when selling a house with a notorious past?
- What residential landlords should know about Utah’s eviction process
- What residential landlords should know about Utah’s eviction process – II
- What should be included in a living will?
- What should I include in a leasing conract?
- What small business owners need to know: zoning laws
- What steps can be taken to ensure a proper business succession?
- What taxes are due in Utah when a testator dies?
- What to know before engaging in a landlord-tenant dispute
- What you need to know about non-competition agreements
- What You Should Know About Alimony in Utah
- What’s the role of corporate bylaws and what should they include?
- When you create a business plan, you plan for success
- While selling a business isn’t always as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Who can be a personal representative in Utah and what do they do?
- Who is Responsible for an Accident Caused By a Car Thief?
- Who is Responsible For Defects in Construction?
- Why any estate plan must account for your digital assets
- Why even young parents need an estate plan
- Why going into business with your family can be a good thing
- Why should I take out liability insurance for my Utah company?
- Why women should engage in estate planning even more than men
- Women entrepreneurs are offered venture capital far less than men
- Workplace Safety Laws
- You can avoid property rights disputes by doing due diligence
- You’ve Been Served – 6 Questions to Ask Yourself When Faced With a Lawsuit
- Zoning at the heart of a Utah medical center dispute